Vision: Well managed forest, Prosperous life: Clean environment, Empowered ACOFUN.
Scientific forest management, Biodiversity conservation
Livelihood and Collaborative forest for enterprise development.
ACOFUN has set the following goals.
- To become institutionally capable, efficient and economically sustainable for securing users’ rights and for supporting to fulfill their forest based basic needs.
- To inculcate the spirit of participatory democracy within the CFMs to become a role model.
- To improve the condition of CFM and to operate different projects, community cooperatives and companies based on NTFP and forest products in order to contribute in poverty reduction.
- To have interaction and cooperation among stakeholders at national and international levels for the cause of benefiting users.
- To play a role in maintaining a good relation with the federation of local bodies, I/NGOs, donors, and media for gaining their moral support to create a conducive environment for full fledged implementation of Collaborative forestry program.
- To lobby policy makers in formulation of user-friendly forestry policy and its implementation.
- To promote the concept of Collaborative Forestry in different countries across the World through networking at international level.
- To play a role in creating favorable environment at international level to gain and retain the rights of users over natural resources.
- To work towards absolute democracy, decentralization, good governance in its own and also through alliances.
Key personnel proposal (qualifications, experience and subject expertise, organization of team, workforce diversity)